Thursday, October 1, 2009

catching up!

So I've been in California for about a week now. I flew in on Saturday the 26th. My in-laws were here with us settling us in, and they were a HUGE help. We are so lucky and thankful to have such wonderful families. The town is small. It's about 7 miles total. I'm still trying to figure it out. In Ogden, the streets are numbers...24th, 36th, 12th etc...and here it's all names...long names. Luckily Jill, aka GPS, has been a great help. We have a exclusive relationship and she understands me, even when I swear at her. We've got our apartment almost all the way set up and I'm not going to put pics of it up until it's all the way done. Here are some pics of the outside of the apartments. The whole complex sits on 37 acres, so there is LOT'S of places to walk around. Sorry, the slide show website was being sooooo slow, so you'll have to just look at the many, many pictures :)

We found a pumpkin patch with Gma, and Pa Chambers before they left.


Mt Diablo, the closest I'll get to a mountain.


Ponds outside the complex.


More ponds.


This is our street. I love it how it's covered with trees. I'll just imagine in winter time all the snow that would tunnel the trees.


Big cheese and more ponds....and those of you who know Trey, know that this is right up his alley. Our days are spent walking around looking for the biggest most awesomist pond!


You can't really see it, but Jeremy's school is just behind the waterfall through the trees.


The ducks or geese?? that walk around the apartments...and yes, I have almost broke my neck slipping in bird crap because it's everywhere in the grass!!


And before we left we had a farewell party up at my parents. It was good. Im going to miss everyone. Especially these ladies...I love them!! We had alot of good play-dates and dinners, and fun times with eachother. Even our hubby's did great when they were thrown into a forced friendship with one another. These girls are my very best friends and I will miss them so very much.


All of us one more time :(


And of coarse these cute people. I will miss her too! This is my gym partner. We had some fun times with our families. Addy and Trey loved playing in the day care together. And little peyton. He is so fun. He loved Trey. I loved hearing him say his name...so cute! Thanks Ash for being such a great friend. Can't wait to see you guys in Dec.


We also celebrated Avery's birthday. It's really not until Oct 17th, but we wanted our family to be there.


She really didn't love the cake, probably because it wasn't a new thing. She eats it all the time. (hee hee)


So far it's been okay. Not great, but okay. It's been wonderful having Jeremy around all the time. It feels like a vacation. The reality hasn't really set in yet. I'm betting it will, come monday when he starts school. We'll see.

7 comments:

Harada's said...

Glad you made it to to cali safe and sound! You will see theat these next 4 years will fly by and you will eventually stop swearing at jill (your gps) so much. =)
The landscaping at your apartments is so beautiful! I bet Trey is in heaven just exploring around. I know my boys would be!
We just had our 4 year anniversary of being here and it is so hard to beleive it has been that long already! I still use my Gps but not nearly as much =)
Good luck settling in. And I cant wait to see pics of your new place.
Oh, and I cant beleive Avery is almost 1! Time flies by. She is such a doll.
You ready for another baby yet? lol =)

Sherie said...

It looks like you found a great place to spend the next four years and even better that Trey likes it so much! It will be fun to follow all your Cali adventures!

Kayli Rivera said...

oh we miss you guys!! Your place looks way fun for the kids. You guys will settle in and you will find plenty of things you love about Cali. Stay possitive! And how is the house... any offers? Well the gym is just not the same, I am trying to adjust :( (Jeremy just did such a great job)

So what are the kids being for Halloween?

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

looks like your complex is really nice! The GPS was the best thing you could buy! It will be an adjustment but it will be fun!

Corrine said...

sounds like you are settling in and it is so pretty there. y'all will have to explore while Jeremey has more free time.

santa cruz and Monterey are beautiful areas and the aquarium is amazing.

Amber said...

Hey Sarah- I'm so glad you found me! Your kids are adorable! I can't believe you have two already. I remember when you and Jeremy were just dating when we all had that class together at WSU :). Thats exciting that you guys moved to Cali. We actually just moved to Kansas City, MO last April for my husbands job so we are kinda in the same boat. I promise it gets easier! The first couple months were really hard for me- but now I feel pretty settled in. Just make some good friends- they'll become your family while you live out there. Good luck with everything, I'll check your blog now to see what your up too! take care.

Lori said...

Your area looks beautiful! I know the adjustment period is rough. Keep blogging, it'll help. :)

We've been here almost 4 months and about a month ago was when I started to feel really adjusted and like THIS was home. It'll come girl, I promise.

Cute cake, btw!