Friday, February 20, 2009

Bad Habits Come Fast!

Well it's official. Avery has found her thumb. (Andrea I know you're smiling right now.) At first she would just kind of suck on it and I'd hurry and pull it out and put her binki in. (I know, the binki is just as bad, but I figure you can throw a binki away, you really can't cut off a thumb.) But today I went and checked on her because she was going on a 3 hour nap. She hasn't slept that long since she was 2 months old. Her naps are only like half that. I thought I heard her start fussing and then like 5 minutes later I didn't hear anything. Well when I went in there this is what I found.



Mom and Avery


She went for her 4 month check up today. She weighs 16 lbs (95%), and is 25.39(85%) inches long. She's my chubby child. The doc told me that for her age she should be around 13 1/2 to 14 lbs, but is still 100% healthy. I had to go buy her a whole new wardrobe. She is now into 6-9 month clothing. What can I say, the girl loves to eat. Imagine what she'd look like if I formula fed her.



Trey and Avery, he loves to give her kisses. I've been telling him to only kiss her forhead or cheek, so everytime he catches me kissing her mouth he says "No mom, only kiss her head, you will get her sick." At least I know he's listening, right?

6 comments:

Kapp Family said...

Your kids are so cute. That little Avery is a doll. Don't they grow up so fast. Olivia loved her thumb too. Thankgoodness it only lasted a week. I would pull it out everytime too. We need to get together and play. I miss ya!! By the way cute blog!!

Anonymous said...

Cutest kids!! And don't worry about the weight thing, chubby babies are so much cuter!! Everyone laughs at Peytons bubble butt, but we like em healthy!! She is darling :)

Blake and Jessica said...

She is so darling. Brody sucked his thumb for awhile, like everything with children, it's a phase, she will get over it. Do you guys know where your going yet for grad school?

Sherie said...

Those darn thumbs! But what a sweet picture! I was the same way with the thumb and binki thing..but I do have a few pictures of Keaton sucking on his thumb too.

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

She is getting so big and she is so cute! I agree with you on the thumb sucking thing you can't cut a thumb off, but I guess kids will do what they like! You can keep trying to sway her though!

Anonymous said...

We're home!!! Let me know when you want to get together, I have some yummy treats for you!!! Do you have an email address?