Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just a few

Saturday September 26th. This is my last day in Utah. I'm very emotional about it. I don't want to leave. But the reasons are selfish, I know this, but I can't help it. I don't do well with BIG change. I think about my kids, mostly Trey, and I don't think he's going to understand that we are moving permanently. His daily routine is what he know. He knows we are going to California but I don't think he knows it's for a LONG time. It will be hard for me to have to keep telling him over and over that we will see his "friends" aka cousins and grandparents only sometimes..(thanks Celeste)..We've invested in a skype web cam and I know it will get used. These are just a few of the things I will be missing in Utah...

-Being familiar with everything. Knowing where everything is located. Walmart, Harrison blvd, 12th street, church, school, gym...I will be getting a GPS very soon!
-My house. I love, love, love my little house. It's me and Jeremy's first house we bought. It's had alot of work done to it with our own two hands. It's where I found out I was pregnant. It's where I brought home my two babies, and raised them. I love you house.
-The mountains. I love the view from my front porch. The mountains are home.
-Ogden Valley, my REAL home. It's where I grew up. This one I will miss for sure.
-Going to Grandma's almost every Sunday. Relaxing with family. Having deep, non serious, lame conversations with cousins. Eating grandma's awesome food. Laughing. watching the guys play some sport on the front lawn. Playing cards...everything about grandma's house is comforting.
-Hanging out with my sister-in laws. We would try and get together every Wednesday. The kids loved it.
-Going to dinner on my siblings birthday. Trying to talk them into going somewhere that YOU really want to go, knowing it's their decision. Good times!
-Pizzaria!! Oh how I will miss you the most. Nothing could replace you. I vow NEVER EVER to cheat on you with some "poser" pizza place. (I wonder if pizza stays fresh if I have someone ship it to me? Hmmm)
-Utah's 4 seasons. I love having changing weather. Fall is my favorite. That will be the hardest. Not seeing leaves change, or the smell of that crisp fall air. Eventually getting a few feet of snow gorgeous flowers in the spring, and a "bloody hot" summer. Pleasant Hill only gets to about 87 in the summer and 45 in the winter....huge adjustment there!!
-Shopping!! Living off student loans is going to force me to learn how to REALLY budget. I'm pretty good, but let's face it, my name is Sarah and I'm a shopaholic. I'm going to need therapy and a 10 step program to kick this one.
-My hair dresser
-My OB, I refuse to have any kids in California unless Julia Johansson comes with me.
-The kids pediatrician
-Clean air (well, cleaner than Cali)
-The lights at Christmas
-Having a yard
-My neighborhood
-Walmart, no there isn't one around us, although there is a Target. (3 cheers!)
-Seeing my friends. Going to lunch or hanging out at one of our houses and letting the kids be monsters. Laughing with them about how cool we are.
-Watching my nieces grow up. This one is hard. Avery will probably not remember them, but they are old enough to remember her. Plus, we will be back 3 times a year so it's all good :)
-Barbeque's in the summer
-Boating with the family
-Hanging out at in-laws and just vegging
-Halo!! (our dog)
-Crossroads Fitness. I love my gym. It's going to suck finding a new one. I love knowing everyone there and feeling comfortable enough to go right out in the middle of the floor and doing burpees, or jumping lunges, or hanging knee raises, or something weirdo looking but not caring because we're all friends.

These are just a few things I will miss. Stay tuned for the "things I love so far about Cali"

10 comments:

curtandheather said...

Wow!! I totally know how you feel! Just left my second home...St. George. It was rough! for good ol' Las Vegas. Definitely, get a GPS. I got a NUVI and love it! It has helped us SOOO much! Hoorah for new adventures.

Blake and Jessica said...

What a new fun chapter in your life you are opening. So much uncertainty but just remember that Utah will always be here and you can come back eventually. We will miss you and the kids. Good luck to you and Jeremy and the adventure you are starting out on.

Kayli Rivera said...

You are going to make me cry!!! I will miss you guys so much, I know we are not super close but I have grown to know you and Jeremy pretty well. I love your little family and Ivy will definetly miss Trey. Jeremy has been so awesome to work with and the gym will never be the same without you guys. That will be a huge change for me personally. But I am excited for you, and you will learn to love Cali. And thank heavens for fb and blogs, it will be nice to stay in touch! Ivy and I will definetly miss you guys:)

The Wilson Family said...

Good Luck!! My sister just moved there last week and she says it's beautiful so far!! We will be thinking of you.

Corrine said...

I am sorry change is never fun! I have to say though that being from Cali you will like it there, but I understand the not seeing family that has got to be hard.

have you found a home for halo? i have been thinking about it ever since you mentioned findiing him a home, though you think she might break down the fence to go home?

You do have a beautiful home and its a hard thing to leave!

I think Trey will do great he is young and such a sweet friendly little guy.

Are you living in married student housing?? thats a great way to meet and make new friends....best of luck...

and thanks for letting me find your blog via facebook :) I feel like I am ease dropping a little though! :)

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

It is way hard leaving what you have always known but it is fun in its own way! You will get used to it. Plus there will be a lot of NEW fun things to see and do. You will make new friends that you are closer with because maybe they are in the same situations as you guys and don't have any family either. I would definitely invest in a GPS then you won't be scared to go places. Hey did you get your house sold? Are you going to back for Christmas, if you are then we need to get together!

Stanford Family said...

Good luck with the move. I would definitely miss Pizzeria and Julia(my OB)too. At least Cali has the beach and ocean. Good luck with everything. It was good seeing you the other day.

Anonymous said...

Goll Sarah, you made me cry!! We are going to miss everything about you guys :) We love you and can't wait until you come back to visit!!

Ryan and Celeste said...

It was hard for me to leave Utah too, but we made some great friends and memories while we were away, I wouldn't have changed it for anything. Hopefully everything I have told you will work out the same for you in Cali that it did for me in Nebraska. I know how you feel, I am never good with big changes either, but everything will work out for ya!

Lori said...

you can do it. i know ogden is where you heart is, but i agree -- i can't wait to hear the "things i love about CA!" good luck on Saturday!