Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3785/25/x-y-2x-3274+6614954/2y-x-5=????

Math is kicking my trash! It's funny really, when you don't do something for a long time and then when you are faced with it, it seems even MORE foreign. I thought for sure it would all come rushing back to me and I would be flying through most of it. Clearly I was wrong. When I first got there they made me take this placement test to see what level of math I was on. When I got done I went up to the instructor and as she was going over it she kept chuckling. I thought to myself, well yes, I'm sure it's amusing since I haven't been in school for like 6 years. Then she said, "it's funny because the ones you missed are the easy ones and the ones you got right are the hard ones" So apparently I'm good at long division and bad at subtracting. But she was nice, she let me fix them right there in front of her and I wasn't more than a number off on the ones I got wrong, I was just going to fast I guess. But still, math is so hard for me. It's the one class I never took in college. I guess I was saving it for last. Anyways, I give anyone out there who is good with numbers a huge applause. You're lucky that it comes so natural for you. Call me if you feel like tutoring me :)

3 comments:

Harada's said...

Math is soooo HARD for me also! It was always my worst subject. I never took it in college either, I dont think I could have doen it...Why are you taking math anyway?.
My husband on the other hand is like my human calculator..It is very handy to have in around when ever I dont feel like pulling out a calculator.
Good Luck!!!
What are going back to school for?
I am super excited, I am starting some photography classes and photshop classes starting next week..Yep I am a wanna be photographer. =)
I hope you guys are settling down and happy you are in utah again. =)

Zac and Shelece said...

I am sorry, math is hard, but I love it so if you need some help let me know, english on the other hand is another story!! Good luck, I am proud of you for going back!! It will be nice when it's done!!

Emilee Pierce said...

You go girl! Math sucks! You can always call Liz if you need help. She is super smart and awesome at math. How lucky for me she is my sister. :0)