Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Over the Hill and a Few Gray Hairs

Sad to say I turned 27 on Monday the 27th....I know, that is getting to darn close to 30, BUT, it was a good day. Gone are the days where you would go out and blow your paycheck shopping on your birthday (actually, that was everyday for me)I remember when me and my roommates, (or jeremy when we were dating), would go and spend the whole day swimming, laying out, shopping, eating, shopping, just pretty much doing nothing. Now, I am just as satisfied when my sweet hubby cleans the house for me, changes all the diapers, and makes me dinner on my birthday. There's only so much you can do when you've got kids, and besides, it fell on a Monday and that is so boring itself. I did have fun. Jeremy got me an Ipod for Christmas and I haven't gotten around to put music on it, so he stayed up late and put a TON of songs on it for me and my gym workout was fantastic! Who knew it could be so much fun with music. Then me and my besties (sister, mom, and sis-in-law) went to lunch...good stuff! Then I took a nap, then my hubby came home and we ate dinner, then went to the mall and shopped til we dropped! Oh how I love to shop. Thanks Jeremy for the fun day. Oh, and he got me a book. He told me it was for my "inner-nerd" Ha!

5 comments:

Kayli Rivera said...

Well it sounds like you had a blast. What did you buy went you went shopping? I did notice you had your ipod, oh how it makes a difference!! Well happy birthday, you look amazing!!

Kapp Family said...

Happy Birthday to you!! I hope you had a wonderful day. You are the best, I love hanging out with ya. Thanks for being such a great friend. Love ya

Blake and Jessica said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you! Do you feel older and wiser? It sounds as if you had an awesome day, isn't it amazing how you change and mature and how a nap can be the best present ever?!?

curtandheather said...

It will be hard to hit the 27th bday mine is next week.. Remember when older people would say I still feel like I am 21 and as a teenager you would just want to roll your eyes...well now it is understandable. I still want to say 21, when asked my age. Although at Golds up north, when I was visiting my parents, he asked if I was under 18 I just wanted to kiss him....I said wow what a compliment. Crazy! We all just keep getting older. Now that I have rambled...hope you had a great day, it sounds like a great day. :)

Nelson Family said...

Happy Birthday! 27? I am going to be 28 in November- Count yourself lucky that you have a late birthday. I wish your kids hadn't been screaming because that would have been me at Smith's. I was there for a month and that still didn't feel like enough time to see everyone I wanted to. Family ends up taking most of our time. Glad you had a fun B-day.