Wednesday, April 29, 2009

now THAT hits the spot!!

As you all may know, I have a slight love/addiction to chocolate. Over the weekend I made some cookies and they were HEAVEN!! I'm going to share the recipe with all you chocolate lovers. They are called "Double Chocolate Chip Cookies"
2 1/4 C unsifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 C butter (softened)
1/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg (4 serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
2 eggs
1 (12 oz) pkg chocolate chips

Mix flour with baking soda. Combine butter, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix in large bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs gradually, add flour mixture. Stir in chips. Batter will be stiff. Drop by teaspoons about 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 min, or until done in middle. I like mine a little softer in the middle, but you can make your own call.

I also made this GREAT dessert for Easter. My friend Bethany had it at her baby shower almost 2 years ago and I FINALLY got the recipe from her and made it. I don't have a name for it so you can call it whatever you want...

You get 1 chocolate cake mix. (I like the Betty Crocker ones)
1 pkg of the small reese's peanut butter cups
1 large container of cool whip
3 4 oz boxes of instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
Make the cake as it says on the box, let cool. Mix the pudding together as directed.
Chop reese's into small chunks.
Tear cake into chunks. Put 1/2 of it into bottom of a deep bowl (It ends up like a truffle, so if you have a bowl for that then it would work better!) Then layer with pudding. Then layer with cool whip. Then layer with reese's.
Repeat layers until everything is gone and your done! It's sooooo delicious. I hope you all enjoy!!

5 comments:

Nelson Family said...

I think I look like that picture below right now so your recipes don't help. Way to go on your weight goal and thanks for adding to my month long(maybe more)crap food weight gain. Isn't it weird how much better you feel and eat when you are active but it is a lot easier not to be and just lounge and eat yummy chocolate desserts?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make these!! We will have a bake party when I get home, and endulge:)

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

I have had something like that but it has raspberries instead of resses and it was soo good!

Harada's said...

sounds yummy! I am going to have to try this for our next family gathering. I always am looking for new things to try. I feel like I am always cooking the same things over and over again!

p.s sorry to hear about your back, I have done something like that and it totally sucks. I say just relax for the week and jump on the new workout routine when you are all better =)

curtandheather said...

Oh wow!! Sounds delicious!! The second recipe I wish I had sitting in front of me right now! Chocolate and peanut butter what a combo!!!