Saturday, January 10, 2009

Multi-tasking

So I was trying to feed Avery this morning and of coarse right as I get started Trey says "mom I have to go to the bathroom". I'm sure if you've ever had a toddler and a baby you find yourselves in some pretty sticky situations, and by that I mean you realize the things you can do with only just 1 hand. Here are some things I've had to do while nursing Avery with just 1 hand

1.Put Trey on the toilet
2.Wipe Trey's bottom
3.Fix Trey a sandwich
4.Play with Trey
5.Fold Laundry (this one can be tricky)
6.Get Trey dressed
7.Color with Trey
8.Start Trey's bath
9.Get Trey a sippy(again, this one is tricky because of the lid that needs to be twisted on.
10.Switch laundry from washer to dryer

I tell you some of the things I've done make me laugh. But whats even funnier is that my sweet husband (bless his heart) has the hardest time making a bottle and holding Avery at the same time, I just laugh because he has no idea...I'm sure there are lot's more things mothers have done with just one arm and I'm even more sure one day I'll discover them.

2 comments:

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

That is way funny! It is totally differant when you only have one it will be intersting when we have another one!

Kristina said...

HA HA HA HA...that's why mom's have wonder women powers,cuz without them we wouldn't be able to do things one handed. I tell you what, everytime when Zack was a baby, the second I would sit down with him Brock would need something...and to think people are crazy and have 3....I would lose it for sure....today Trav informed me he thinks we should try for a girl, and he MEANT IT.....oh hell!!..he better be finding himself a new wife.