Friday, January 30, 2009

Security?

Okay this is a little embarrassing, but I'm pretty sure all of you have some sort of a security whether it be a favorite sweater, jeans, pillow, or whatever. (You know you have one.) Mine is an actual blanket. I've had this thing since I was about 2. It went EVERYWHERE with me. Vacations, college, girls camp, and yes even the hospital when I had my babies. But now has come the time when I must let go (Rose to Jack..."I'll never let go."). It has started to fall apart. Whenever I touch it a piece would tear off. (I know, it's gross.) My husband would always say to me before we went to bed. "I'm going to wake up one day and you're going to be dead from either suffocation, or strangulation." Now I see what he's talking about. I must let go! Goodbye my sweet, sweet blanky...I'll always love you.(don't judge me)



It's pathetic, I know.


Okay so this is the sickest part. I told my mom that I was going to throw it away, and she wouldn't let me. She took it home and is going to cut it and sew it back together. Don't worry, she's putting it in my Hope Chest. Phew!! Thanks mom.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Your blanket....well let's see I don't know of many occasions where that thing didn't come with us....I've shared my memmories with that thing....so long blanket.I can't believe you FINALLY gave that thing up...kinda sad...(tear)

Anonymous said...

WOW, I don't know how you didn't die in your sleep too!!! That is funny. Well if you need anything to help console you in your time of greif just make the brownies, haha!!